Monday, January 7, 2013

Ed

There are so many wonderful volunteers in Union Beach!!  I noticed Ed around Thanksgiving.  He's a little older than I am but he is strong and spry.  He works moving water and supplies to peoples cars, moving all the donations around outside Borough Hall.  Ed and the other guys work long hours outside in the cold.  I really don't know how they do it.

Ed and I bonded one cold day when he came in for lunch.  I was helping serve and said something sarcastic to him and he quickly responded.  He reminded me of one of my smart-alec brothers (I have 5.)  So from that day on I would recommend the best food that was being served and often joked that I wouldn't touch a certain dish (only because it was so delish) but he never took the bait.  He figured out early on to take the opposite of what I said. 

As Christmas approached the hall was very crowded with gifts, tree decorations, lots of food etc.  Ed and the other guys that carried all of the heavy stuff were very busy in December.  When I showed up January 2nd I heard Ed was sick.  I was sorry to hear that he wasn't feeling well.  It's not the same without Ed.  I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment