Sunday, February 17, 2013

Billy the Artist!

There have been many unsung heroes in the town of Union Beach, NJ.  Many anonymous people that have given money, food and supplies.  After the Walk of Hope a New York City artist gave his time and his clothing line to town residents.  He spent hours signing autographs, taking pictures and listening to stories of the storm.  He was very kind to the town.  Billy gave hats, scarfs, gloves and headbands with his own unique artwork on them!  He reminded me of a leprechaun with his energy, smile and his red hair that was peeking out of his hat!!

I spent time with other volunteers (including my daughter) matching hats, scarves and gloves for kids and adults!  The pile of donated items shrank as we laughed and swapped colored items between us.  I hadn't planned on volunteering just going for a walk with my friends.  I got to borough hall and realized that help was needed so we jumped in.  I got to see more familiar faces that I missed at the walk.  It was such an amazing day! 

I love when everyone is working for one goal.  Smiles on the beautiful faces in Union Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment