Monday, December 24, 2012

Pre Christmas

I went to an awesome church service in Holmdel on December 23rd.  Carl Williamson is head pastor of a great church that is nestled into the woods off the parkway! (for those of you who don't know Carl he along with Gigi have help arrange all of the volunteers and donations for the Union Beach recovery in Borough Hall)   I arrived a little early with my husband.  We were welcomed by the members of this close knit community church.  I loved how family oriented it was.  Much like the ones my kids grew up in.  There was singing that lifted our spirits high.  With it being the holidays there are so many songs about Christmas (my favorite time of year!!) 

Carl delivered an awesome sermon about Jesus arriving in the middle of a "storm" so to speak.  Just like hurricane Sandy hit Union Beach - there can never be a good time for a huge devastating storm.  As he wove his words together I could feel tears running down my face.  It was such a freeing cry.  I could feel all of the hurt, anger, surprise and shock that the town felt when the storm hit.  I could feel letting go and healing begin in those few moments of tears.  We sang a few more uplifting worship songs and then headed towards tables of treats for fellowship time. 

The kids in the church were very excited because they were expecting a special visitor that day.   As the kids were visiting with Santa I visited with friends I have met in Union Beach.  We were all thankful for an awesome day and how blessed we all are to have Union Beach to bring us all together!








No comments:

Post a Comment