Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sir Edward & Lucky!!

Well my title of the post pretty much says it all. . .

Meet Lucky (left)  and Sir Edward!
 
 
 
I was volunteering in Union Beach for 2 weeks.  One day I noticed 2 dogs heading to lunch with their mom.   They are quiet, polite and did I mention quiet???   I was flabbergasted. . .funny word!! I could not believe how well behaved they were. How damn quiet they are and how they truly loved being with mom every day!!  They have been going to work with their mom since the hurricane.  They lost their home.  They lost their yard.  They lost everything that was familiar to them. 
 
I had actually forgotten about pets.  I have two wiener dogs (that we adopted.)  I never thought what happened to all the pets - furry, feathery etc. . .Since Hurricane Sandy turned children's and parents lives upside down.  What happened to the animals in town??  Lots of lucky animals were evacuated with their families.  Some pets were not as lucky for their families were totally blindsided with the water that entered the town and their homes. 
 
Working at Borough Hall since early November  I have noticed that lots of people have asked if there is dog and cat food available.  I asked them if they have pets. . . most do but there are some kind souls that are feeding the recently homeless pet population.  A piece of the puzzle that I had forgotten about.  Ones that are homeless not because they were uncared for, not because they were unloved, not because they were unworthy - just a huge wave that got in the way. 
 
Sir Edward and Lucky are in the "homeless" boat but they are  blessed to be with their family.  They get to go to work every day with their mom!  Their mom works in borough hall.  Sir Edward and Lucky get to nap by their moms desk each day!  They get to ride in the car each morning with their mom - on their way to work!  They ride home each day and spend their nights next to their moms blow up bed.  I'm not sure how they are coping with the HUGE change in living arrangements.  I'm not sure how they are dealing with a change of scenery at home.  I'm not sure how they are dealing with their new "normal" since the storm.
 
I told their mom how sweet and well behaved they are.  I told her my pups would be barking at each new person that arrived in borough hall - how my pups would be getting into trouble and not napping like her kids (yes kids.)  Some of us are blessed with 2 legged kids and some of us are truly blessed to have 4 legged kids.  Kids that never talk back to you.  Kids that never yell at you.  Kids that never complain - ever.  Kids that are always happy to see you no matter what!
 
There is really nothing like a sweet, warm kiss from a four legged angel!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment