Friday, November 23, 2012

How is it Friday??

I went to Thanksgiving dinner in Union Beach with my family - after we cooked and delivered 4 turkeys, green bean cassarole, pasta salad and sodas!!  It was such an awesome day!  We had the most beautiful table settings with china!!  There were volunteers that served the food as you walked along a line of heated trays filled with the yummiest food!!

There was any kind of dessert you could imagine.  I went for dessert first (something I started when my kids were young)  I had a coconut chocolate cookie bar!  Then proceeded to dinner.  There was turkey, ham, italian sausages in gravy, macaroni and cheese, baked ziti, turkey and stuffing rolls, asparagus, green beans 3 different ways, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, soups, salads, and lots of cold sandwiches to go!  I know I left out lots of goodies. . . needless to say no one went hungry! 

It was about 65 degrees when we were eating.  We sat at a table with kids that had come up with their parents from Maryland.  Their rental truck was full of warm coats, clothes and other goodies.  They helped serve and clean up too.  We met others that lived in town and traded hurricane stories as we enjoyed our dinner and dessert. Yes I had another dessert I shared a piece of pie with my daughter Taylor.  There were kids filling our drinks and clearing the tables.   It was awesome to see all the volunteers helping out. 

There were 3 guys that drove up from Florida to cook dinner for the town.  With the help of local resturants, stores and generous people the dinner was a huge success. My family helped clean up. We swapped stories all the way home! 

 

any kind of soda, juice or coffee





 
decked out with linen, china and beautiful centerpieces!
 


Thank you everyone that made Thanksgiving Day so wonderful!

(as usual I was so busy visiting with new friends and family that I did not take many pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment